JAM is an International Christian-based humanitarian relief and development organisation, founded in Africa in 1984.
JAM's primary commitment is the fight against hunger and malnutrition in Africa. Each year we provide millions of nutritious meals to thousands of hungry children through our Nutritional Feeding Program. To complement feeding initiatives, JAM has adopted a holistic approach to development through our Complete Community Development Approach (CCDA), which has seen us develop and implement Water, Sanitation and Agricultural Development Program. These programs are sustainably designed to produce results and change in the battle against water and food insecurity, and thus achieving JAM’s vision of HELPING AFRICA HELP ITSELF.
Location: This is a part-time position working out of our office located in Brampton, Canada.
Hours: Monday – Thursday (8:30am – 12:30pm).
- Two years of experience in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in a data entry and records management role (Salesforce).
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with an ability to work with volunteers, donors, and collaborative partners.
- Time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to take direction well, receive and provide constructive and supportive feedback, as well as respond quickly and productively to changes.
- Post-secondary education
Purpose of the position
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director
- Provide primary reception for the office, greeting, welcoming and answering incoming calls.
- Responsible to run and maintain the Donor Database overseeing all routine data input and output including: donation processing, importing and exporting data, implementing processes in consultation with management, documenting database changes, and ensuring that the database effectively captures donor information and generates accurate financial reports as needed.
- Coordinate and support external communications to donors .
- Provide reception duties.
- Assist with events and promotions as needed.
- Assist in other duties as necessary .
- Subject to the limits of authority as described in the strategic document.
Limits of authority
How to Apply
All interested candidates are invited to apply to our office in Brampton, Canada. Kindly send a CV and covering letter to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that only short listed and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.